Getting the Error “Blocked as suspected bot”
This post contains affiliate links. For more information, see my disclosure policy
Are you getting an error every time you or a visitor tries to comment that says, “Blocked as suspected bot”?
This can be very frustrating. In helping out a fellow mamma I found out what was causing this. It is an easy fix but it took a while to figure it out. Hopefully if you are getting this error this will help you resolve it quicker.
First, is your site hosted with BlueHost? If the answer is yes, your audience may not be able to post to your site in comment form.
If they get the “Blocked as suspected bot” error message, follow these quick instructions to get your site back to normal.
- Go to the Admin Dashboard of your site by logging in.
- In the Dashboard, go to Plugins.
- Look in your installed plugins and find the MOJO Marketplace plugin and deactivate the plugin.
- In a new browser or in incognito mode, open your site again.
- Go to a post and try to add a test comment.
- Once that test comment is added successfully you can go to the Comments section of your Dashboard and delete your test comment.
This is an annoying error that is caused by MOJO Marketplace plugin on some sites. Particularly on Bluehost. Simply follow these directions and your visitors should be all set.