Summer is here!!
This post contains affiliate links. For more information, see my disclosure policy
In our household summer is now in full swing. School ended last Wednesday and this week started our first official week of summer. With a 24 month toddler I wanted to keep things fresh, try out some new places and activities and just keep him as active as I could without going crazy myself.
Pinterest had lots and lots of ideas. From Summer Bucket lists to summer schedules and everything in between. I decided that a summer schedule would be awesome. So I set off to create one.
We came up with a theme or topic for each day that would promote some home time as well as bigger trips.
- Move It Monday – Get out and move, park, gym, little land and other indoor play areas
- Try Something New Tuesday – Try a new craft, a new recipe, a new activity
- Wet and Wild Wednesday – Get wet in the hot summer heat, sprinklers, pool, water table
- Thinking Thursday – museums and libraries, story times, sign language, practicing Spanish
- Field Trip Friday – head out of Round Rock if possible, Children’s Museums in San Antonio, New Braunfels, Waco
Along with the daily theme, I wanted a daily routine that would get us up and going and limit screen time as much as possible. Screen time for me is my weak point. Big and pregnant and always exhausted it is an easy out to turn on the tv or hand over an iPad for some entertainment but with this schedule hopefully we will have other things to do before screens take over.
8 – 9 Cartoons Breakfast
9 – 10 Outside Time
10 – 1 Summer Outing / Theme & Lunch
1 – 3 Quiet Time in Room
3 – 6 Snack & Free Play
6 – 6:30 Dinner & Clean Up
6:30 – 8 Family Time
If you would like a printable copy of our summer schedule sign up below and let me know what you think. Do you have a summer schedule to keep your littles entertained? What are your favorite activities.
As a bonus here is my Pinterest board with all the motivational posts for summer schedules.
[gs_pinterest user=”techiemamma” board=”toddler-summer” count=”10″ theme=”gs_pin_theme1″ cols=”5″]