Fall is nearly here, which means summer is almost over! If you’re trying to soak up what’s left of the summer sun, this DIY chalk paint activity is a great sunny day project for the whole family. There are also a number of ways to use the chalk paint indoors! Below we discuss ways you can use chalk paint, offer free stencil packs you can download, and give you step-by-step instructions for making your own homemade chalk paint.
Fun Ways to Use Chalk Paint
The whole family, no matter what age your kids are, can enjoy chalk paint! You can use it outside on your sidewalk or driveway or even indoors on a chalkboard sign. Here are some ideas for ways you can use your chalk paint indoors and outdoors.
On a driveway or sidewalk:
- Design games to play, such as four square or hopscotch
- Paint animals, people, and places (use our shape stencils!)
- Create constellation art (we have star stencils!)
- Offer support for a movement or cause
- Practice counting or spelling with younger kids (use our letters & number stencils!)
On a chalkboard sign:
- Write a joke to keep everyone smiling
- Showcase what’s for dinner
- Write a motivational or inspirational message (use our ampersand and leaf stencils!)
- Start a countdown to an important date (use our number stencils!)
- Paint a pretty picture
Be sure to download our stencil packs to help you create masterpieces!
- Sidewalk Stencils for Kids: Circle, triangle, square, oval, and star shapes
- Chalkboard Stencils for Adults: Arrow, banner, leaf, and ampersand shapes
- Letter & Number Stencils for Kids and Adults: Small and large letters and numbers
DIY Chalk Paint Art
Fall is nearly here, which means summer is almost over! If you’re trying to soak up what’s left of the summer sun, this DIY chalk paint activity is a great sunny day project for the whole family.
- food coloring
- paint brushes
- 6 cup (1.42 l) muffin pan
- stir sticks
- measuring cups
- precision knife
- printable stencils
- Add 2 cups (0.47 l) of cornstarch to 2 cups of water.
- Mix ingredients in the measuring cup until smooth.
- Distribute evenly into a 6 cup (1.42 l) muffin pan.
- Add drops of food coloring to each and mix until blended.
- Print and cut out stencils of your choice.
- Place stencils on sidewalk or chalkboard sign and paint.
Super easy family activity that everyone can get involved in!