I didn’t even cook before I had an Instant Pot. I slowly learned that I could, in fact, get something wholesome for my family. A year and a half later, I am still loving my Instant Pot. I am in a slump though, I just have no energy to cook anymore. Even something easy in the Instant Pot.
I have decided that I need to go back to the easy peasy Instant Pot recipes that I fell in love with, to begin with. The kids are demanding. It is summer break and I have the boys all day.
I am worn out by the end of the day trying to keep Techie Mamma going and keeping the boys entertained. Not to mention in Texas, it is May and already feels like 100 degrees out! Nobody wants to be over a stove in these temperatures or heating up the oven.
One of my absolute favorite recipes is one I have modified from Soccer Mom Spaghetti and Meatballs – This Old Gal! I have, over time, simplified it and made it even lazier than originally created. This is an amazing recipe and the first one I recommend to anybody who just got an Instant Pot and is a little timid. I believe it is what invented the wording “Instant Pot Dump Meals” because you literally dump 3 ingredients (4 if you count water) and set it and go.
Ingredients for Easy Peasy Instant Pot Meatballs and Pasta
- Frozen Meatballs – any brand. Kids Meatballs, Veggie Meatballs, Regular Meatballs.
- Pasta – I usually use elbow which is easier for my 3-year-old to stab.
- Spaghetti Sauce – I like the Ragu Simply from Target.
This is a super easy recipe and it is super fast.
- 1 cup of water
- 1 bag frozen meatballs
- 1 jar of pasta sauce
- 1 bag pasta
- Add frozen meatballs to the cooking pot.
- Add a bag of pasta.
- Dump in the jar of spaghetti sauce.
- Dump in a jar of water.
- Lock lid and cook at high pressure for 3 minutes.
- When beep sounds, wait at least 5 minutes and then do a quick release of the rest of the pressure.
- Remove lid and mix together.
This is the easiest "Dump & Start" Instant Pot recipe. With all the things that the Instant Pot can do having something that is so easy is nice to get over the overwhelm when first getting the pot.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.